Nothing is better than naturally good food. The food containing necessary vitamins and minerals should be an important part of our daily diet. In many countries fruits and vegetables are treated with much importance. If we take fruits and vegetables as a part of well-balanced, regular diet we will get excellent result and a healthy active lifestyle.
We should eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. They are cheap and also full with vitamins, minerals and fibers. Try to have fresh fruits and vegetables rather than canned, dried or processed ones.
Different types of vegetables and their benefits
It is much better to have vegetables without cooking. Anything that is prepared over 40 degree Celsius temperature is known as cooked.
- Lettuce, spinach are the leafy green vegetables. These vegetables give us great strength and also eliminate constipation. These leafy greens give Vitamin A, C, E and also Vitamin B. Green smoothies with these vegetables can be proved very beneficial.
- Cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli are the crucifer type vegetables. These are very much useful in providing vitamins and fibers. These veggies are a great combination of Vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals.
- Potatoes, sweet potatoes are roots. These are a great source of natural carbohydrates. They give you Vitamin B6, Vitamin D Iron, Magnesium and minerals.
- Pumpkin, cucumber and zucchini are cucurbits. These can give us essential body fats and improve eye sight. These vegetables are potential source of treatment to kidney, prostate and high cholesterol.
- Onion, garlic and shallot are mainly alliums. These are helpful in controlling bad cholesterol. These vegetables are found to be useful in reducing cancer risk.
Legumes and pulses are the vegetables that have special health value. It is very much useful in improving digestive system. They give a lot of nutrition as well as help us to get rid of toxic chemicals. Legume flours, dried beans and peas, fresh beans and peas can play a great role in improving our health condition.
Different types of fruits and their benefits
Most of the fruits are eaten raw. Some of the fruits are eaten cooked or processed. Fruits have different colors, flavors and taste.
- Apples and pears are very much useful in providing fibers and irons. They lie in the group of pome type fruit. These fruits provide dietary fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Oranges, limes are a source of citrus. They provide a lot of vitamin C which is very much useful for our teeth. These citrus fruits help to reduce cancer producing free radicals. Orange contains herperidin which has the anti- inflammatory property
- Having a lot of bananas and mangoes helps us to have a lot of Vitamin A. This improves our eye sight. Banana is known as a total food. These are tropical and exotic fruits. Banana is full of iron.
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwifruit have great taste and also health value. These are great flavored foods. These berries are delicious and have some vital nutrition value. The antioxidant in these fruits are helpful in removing free radicals that can cause untimely aging.
- Watermelons, rock melons and honey dew melons are the fruits which have great colors and a lot of water. These fruits can help us in removing dehydration. These are also helpful in preventing coronary heart diseases and strokes. These are also useful in reducing cancer risk.